bit.ly module for Gallery 3
Published January 14, 2011
I finally made some time to get back to work on Gallery. Step one, create a simple module to shorten Gallery 3 album, photo, and movie links with bit.ly. Step two is to create a Twitter module which will make use of the bit.ly module.
- Sign up for a bit.ly account, if you don't have one.
- Download the module, unpack to your Gallery 3 modules directory.
- Enable the module via Admin > Modules
- Configure the module at Admin > Settings > bit.ly
- Enter your bit.ly Username and API Key
- Select a preferred domain, bit.ly or j.mp
- Provides "Shorten link with bit.ly" site and contextual menu links
- Displays shortened links in the info module's sidebar block
- Choose bit.ly or j.mp as a base URL
- Provides static methods to shorten and retrieve item links for other Gallery modules
- The preferred domain setting may be changed at anytime without
breaking existing shortened links. The Gallery item's bit.ly hash can be
used with either domain.
- Your bit.ly account will provide some nice extras, including
click counts, QR codes, and social network sharing stats for your
shortened Gallery links.